Q&A: Anita Lewis, MA, Dir. Government and External Affairs at AmeriHealth Caritas (PA) / Keystone First.
1. Major in College and Where You Went: Temple University – School of Journalism
2. First Job and Current Role and Company: Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly (Non-profit) – AmeriHealth Caritas – Dir. Government and External Affairs (PA)
3. Scariest career change or job change: Leaving a full-time job and uprooting my life to physically move to another state and attend graduate school. Yikes!
4. Favorite Quote: Trust God!
5. Favorite de-stressor activity: Walking, reading, or going to the movies
The Foundation of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the appointment of Robert Smith, Executive Training Director at Eastern Atlantic States Carpenters Technical College (formerly Northeast Carpenters Apprenticeship Fund & Carpenters JAC of Phila) to it’s Board of Directors.
When Robert was asked about his appointment to the board, he said “It is an true honor to join the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, with a shared vision and commitment to the fostering strong partnerships with responsible business partners, contractors & career education, will lead to future development of a skilled workforce that will only positively benefit our businesses and community growth”.
Q&A: Ronda Cavanagh , Merchandising Manager at Wawa and current member of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce's Board of Directors
1. Major in College and Where You Went: I went to Immaculata University and received two bachelor’s degrees focused on Organizational Dynamics and Human Performance. I finished with my master’s degree at Peirce College focusing on Organizational Leadership and Management
2. First Job and Current Role and Company: Burger King and Valleybrook Golf Club—both no longer exist! Current job is Merchandising Manager at Wawa.
3. Scariest career change or job change: Every single one terrifies me! One that stands out is moving from Marketing to People Team. I went from a project manager to focusing on diversity and inclusion. I quickly realized I had a lot to learn!
4. Favorite Quote: “You’ve got this!” is something my girlfriend says to me daily. Simple and applicable to anything!
5. Favorite de-stressor activity: Orange Theory—I need to go more!
6. What motivates you? Seeing other people grow and develop. When I see the lightbulb go off in someone’s head that they understand something and implement it, it’s the best feeling!